Skip to content
My School Rules
11 JUN 2018 - 30 JUN 2018
Help your local school win a share of $7000!
Shop at The Palms between 11th - 30th June and register your receipts at the customer service kiosk.
Every $1 spent equals one reward point for your nominated primary school.
The total number of points allocated to each school will be divided by the number of pupils enrolled at the school to establish a participation percentage. This means the first prize is fair game for all regardless of how many kids are at each school!
First prize $3,000
Second prize $2,000
Third prize $1,000
Runner up $500 (for both 4th & 5th place)
Check the leaderboard at myschoolrules.co.nz
Every customer who registers to participate will also go in the draw to win a $250 Palms Gift Card!
Terms and Conditions - The Palms “My School Rules”
Promotion Name: The Palms My School Rules
Promoter: The Palms Shopping Centre, AMP Capital Shopping Centres Ltd.
Participating Retailers: All Retailers at The Palms Shopping Centre
Participating Schools: Parkview School, Queenspark School, Waitakiri Primary, Rawhiti School, Marshlands School, Shirley Primary, Banks Avenue School, Mairehau Primary School and Redwood Primary.
Promotion commences at 9:00am on Monday 11th June 2018. Entries close at 9:00pm on Saturday 30th June 2018.
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these conditions of entry.
2. Customers may enter by making a purchase at any retailer at The Palms Shopping Centre during the promotion period and donate their receipts to the participating schools.
3. Customers visit www.myschoolrules.co.nz and sign up as a member of ‘My School Rules’.
4. Once registered, customers can submit receipts at the Customer Service Kiosk in centre and allocate the dollars spent to the school of their choice. Customers will earn one (1) point per one dollar ($1) spent and each participating school will earn points for dollars donated in proportion to the schools’ group size.
5. Receipts must be from a participating retailer at The Palms Shopping Centre.
6. Receipts must be dated within the promotional period to be valid.
7. Staff and retailers of The Palms Shopping Centre and their families are eligible to donate to participating schools, but they must not submit a receipt from their place of work.
8. Staff and retailers of The Palms Shopping Centre and their families are eligible to enter the customer competition but they must not submit a receipt from their place of work.
9. Receipts are invalid if illegible, forged, mutilated, copied or tampered with in any way.
10. Soliciting for receipts from customers within the centre and surrounding areas is prohibited.
11. All ‘My School Rules’ members will be entered into the customer prize draw and added to The Palms VIP database.
12. Receipts from bill payments such as the payment of credit card bills, ATM or bank transactions, bank fees and charges, service bills (such as gas, electricity, rates and phone bills), cash advances/withdrawals, account charges, government fees and interest charges are not accepted as part of the campaign.
13. Receipts from tobacco, fuel, lotto and TAB will not be accepted.
14. Receipts from travel purchases over $5,000, transaction receipts, medical service expenses, gift voucher purchases, tobacco purchases, lottery transactions, business purchases over $5,000 and lay-by payments, except for the total amount (upon completion) are not accepted as part of the campaign Terms and Conditions
15. The maximum amount per receipt during the promotional period is $5,000.
16. The winning schools must provide suitable identification to the Promoters’ satisfaction to be entitled to claim the prize.
17. Customers can upload or validate each individual receipt once during the promotional period.
18. Entries are unlimited during the promotional period.
CUSTOMER COMPETITION DRAW DETAILS
19. There is one (1) customer prize to be won during the promotion period.
20. One participant will be drawn from all customers who register during the campaign period will win the Customer Prize of $250 in The Palms Gift Cards.
21. The winner will be drawn from a random electronic draw.
22. Total customer prize pool is valued at $250.
23. The winner will be notified via email by Monday 17 July, 2018.
24. The winner will be announced on The Palms Shopping Centre website www.thepalms.co.nz
25. The Promoter's decision is final and no other correspondence will be entered into.
26. Any unclaimed prizes by Friday 31 August, 2018 will be redrawn by The Promoter at the same place as the original draw.
27. The prize is not redeemable for cash nor is it transferrable. Lost gift cards are not replaceable.
SCHOOL COMPETITION DRAW AND PRIZE DETAILS
28. There will be five (5) prizes to be won by the participating schools.
29. The schools will be judged by the most points collected during the promotional period, per the quantity of pupils registered at the school. The prizes to be awarded are:
- First Prize: $3,000
- Second Prize: $2,000
- Third Prize: $1,000
- Runner up prize of $500 awarded for 4th & 5th place.
30. Total schools prize pool valued: $7,000
31. The winning schools will be announced on 5 July, 2018 at 6pm at the prize giving at The Palms.
32. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for additional costs borne by the winners including but not limited to: merchant service fees or credit card surcharges.
33. Prizes will be awarded to the winning schools in the form of a direct debit within 30 business days of receipt of a valid Tax Invoice made out by the winning school to AMP Capital Shopping Centres Ltd. The winning schools will be announced on 5 July, 2018 at 6pm at the prize giving at The Palms and notified in writing thereafter.
34. The winning schools will be announced on The Palms Shopping Centre website www.thepalms.co.nz
35. The final ranking of each school tier will be determined by the school’s overall participation in the Promotion. The total number of points tallied will be divided by the number of pupils registered at the school to establish a participation percentage. In the event that two schools have earned the same amount of total points per pupil, the prize pool will be added together and divided between the two (2) schools.
PRIVACY AND COLLECTION NOTICE
36. Promoter and its affiliates (“we”) collect your personal information directly from you wherever practicable. We may collect personal information from our related companies or other third parties.
38. We may disclose your personal information, including updates, to the third parties, including affiliate retailers in shopping centres where you are a member of our clubs (for marketing purposes), our consultants, agents or contractors, and our related parties, entities and trusts.
40. By entering into this Promotion, entrants accept that a picture, along with the winner’s name, may be requested for publication in local and regional newspapers as part of the competition.
RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
41. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the prize once they have been collected by the winner.
42. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, late or illegible receipts.
43. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss), or for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with this competition or as a result of taking or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
TERMINATION OF PROMOTION
44. The Promoter reserves the right to vary the terms of, or cancel, this Promotion at any time without liability to any entrant or other person, subject to applicable laws.
45. The Promoter, at its sole discretion, may accept entries with errors and omissions.
46. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
47. The Promoter’s decision relating to the Promotion and/or redemption of the prizes is final and no discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
Playtime at The Palms
1 MAY 2018 - 3 JUL 2018
View all events
AMP Capital Shopping Centres
© COPYRIGHT AMP CAPITAL SHOPPING CENTRES 2017. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.